Google Maps API Error: ApiNotActivatedMapError
After a bit of digging, since 22nd June 2018 Google has updated their business model. Each API has its own separate billing, and for that reason each API must be enabled individually. To get Geocoding on Google Maps to work properly the following APIs need to be enabled.
- Geocoding Service
- Directions Service
- Distance Matrix Service
- Elevation Service
- Places Library
To access them you must:
- Navigate to the project dashboard
- Click “Go to APIS overview”
- Click “ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES”
- Now you can see the API options
- You will find Enable button there. Click to enable API.
Now your maps should work!